Monday, December 28, 2015

I heard these clip from David Platt and wanted to touch on this.  I want you to listen to these three clips and hear what David is saying.  You see, I see posts on facebook and other media outlets that say things like '1,000 people accepted Jesus as Savior.'  or '300 people came to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.'  But yet we have no significant change in our churches, families, or culture around us.    Did you know that the average church member goes to church ONCE A MONTH!  ONCE! During that week most average church members don't make it a priority to do some type of ministry, due to 'busyness.'

That's really'd think that something that Jesus valued and invested a majority of his time and effort on would be something that Christ followers would do the same with.  But most have no interest.  If Christ was a priority you'd think that our Christian community would look different.  Could it be that a large majority of people in our churches are deceived all the while thinking they are secure?

Did you know that this last year only 52% of Christians actually shared their faith with someone else only ONCE.  The other  48% NEVER said a word!  Never attempted to say anything.  Could it be that we are doing things wrong?  Could it be that many people are have 'false conversions?'  According to the Bible those who follow Christ make a concerted effort to go out of their way to make disciples.

I want you to hear what David says in these three SHORT and pointed clips:

Why "Accepting Jesus In Your Heart" Is Superstitious & Unbiblical

An encounter with JESUS should make us look different.

Being a Born Again Christian Should Cause a Transformation in us.

There is no way you can look at these and hear this and say ' Modern day Christian culture is working.'  It's not.  We have thousands of people sitting in churches that honestly deceived.

“Making disciples is the supernatural overflow of being a disciple. Proclaiming the love of Christ is the overflow of sharing in the life of Christ.

And I’m convinced many people in our churches are simply missing the life of Christ. And a lot of it has to do with what we’ve sold them as the gospel, i.e. ‘pray this prayer’, ‘accept Jesus into your heart’, ‘invite Christ into your life’.

Should it not concern us that there is no such supertitious prayer in the New Testament? Should it not concern us that the Bible never uses the phrase ‘accept Jesus into your heart’?
– David Platt


Post a Comment